Injectable Dermal Fillers Treatment
As we age our face loses volume and the natural contours – typically the area around the eye is the first to show signs suggestive of ageing with loss of volume, eyes appearing sunken with dark circles and presence of puffiness which may or may not be present. Further, there is sagging of the cheek area loss of natural cheek contours (loss of the cheek apple), there is formation of jowls, our lip corners appear down turned and our lips lose volume and appear dehydrated.
These problems can be addressed easily with soft tissue fillers which help in regaining volume, structure and contour to the areas mentioned above.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Better known as soft tissue fillers, these hyaluronic acid containing products help in regaining lost structure, volume and contour. Hyaluronic acid which is naturally synthesized in our body is broken down fast and gets depleted with age. These products contain stabilized, cross linked hyaluronic acid gel, which enables these products to last for a long period, gauge water and offer structure, volume and contour to the face.
There are different kinds of dermal fillers – some are smoother and lighter, with a longevity of 6-9 months which are more preferable for areas such as the under eye, for fine lines and hydration, whereas others which are more robust may offer good structure and good volume and last for longer periods and are suitable for older patients and those with moderate to severe volume loss.
At Dr.Kandhari’s Clinic, we believe in recommending personalized treatments to our patients so as to meet their individual needs. A critical facial analysis is followed by an individualized plan which is a combination of dermal fillers with anti-wrinkle injections to smoothen out the fine lines and wrinkles for a total facial rejuvenation. The “FACEcraft” program designed by Dr Rajat Kandhari enables one to attain the most optimal outcomes after due consideration, including understanding the patient’s goals and motivations and making a customised plan which is usually carried out in 2 phases (initiation phase and maintenance phase).
At Dr. Kandhari’s we only use the best products supported by credible scientific data.
Dr. Rajat is currently a national level trainer for Allergan. He himself has trained with Dr. Woffles Wu, one of the world leaders in facial aesthetics.
Why Dermal Fillers?
- No surgery, minimal downtime – patient is ready to go to work that very day after the procedure.
- Almost painless – There is minimal pain involved in the procedure – the fillers are admixed with local anaesthetic which makes it very comfortable for the patient.
- Regains lost volume and contour of the face and the lips – Soft tissue fillers help in creating structure and re-contouring the face thereby providing a more balanced and harmonious looking face, which form the essence of aesthetics.
- Safety – These fillers are relatively safe and do not require pre procedure testing.
- Longevity – The product lasts for upto 18 months depending upon the filler used and the area that has been treated.
- Reversible – If one does not like the effects or there are minor lumps and bumps the filler can be dissolved using hyaluronidase, thereby making the treatment popular.
To maintain the results of the soft tissue fillers, it is advised to have a regular follow up to reap the maximum benefits. Twice or three times a year is usually sufficient for follow up. One should make sure the procedure is done in a clean environment, by a certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, and the best products.
minimal, one can go to work the next day
mild swelling, and chances of bruising, more in certain areas than others. This may be covered with make-up.
depends on the site injected and the filler used – 6-12 months