Fungal Infections Treatment
Today we undergoing an epidemic of fungal infections, due to genetic mutations, migration of individuals and resistance to antifungal medications amongst various other causes. Fungi are microbes that can thrive well in soil, plants, water and air. But, not all fungi are harmful, there are some fungi that live inside the human body as well. Various diseases caused by fungal infection includes athlete’s foot, yeast infection, jock itch etc.
Causes of fungal infection
There are numerous causes which can trigger and sustain the growth and infection of fungus inside human body.
- Common causes include occlusion in certain areas (tight garments), fungal infection of the feet in athletes or people who regularly run (due to excessive sweating and humid conditions produced in the foot wear).
- Excessive oil application may predispose one to developing fungal infections especially tinea versicolor.
- Certain conditions such as diabetes and immunosuppressive conditions may predispose one to develop fungal infections.
- Infections in household contacts
- Prolonged antibiotic usage may predispose an individual to develop candidal infections.
The aforementioned causes are amongst some of the common causes and there of course may be various other triggers.
Symptoms of Fungal infection
Some of the common symptoms which are associated with different types of fungal infection are as follows:
- Redness and macerations
- Discoloration of the skin
How to treat Fungal Infections?
Dermatologists at Dr. Kandhari’s Skin Clinic provide apt and targeted treatment for fungal infections. Comprehensive treatments of fungal infections may include use of topical antifungal creams as well as some additional methods. Fungal infections are completely curable but you need to consult a good dermatologist at the very outset of fungal infection in order to prevent it from spreading further and more effective treatment.