This system uses both, shape memory wires and self-ligating brackets to fasten the teeth movement into the desired position. Damon braces are fixed braces. The brackets used in Damon system are less conspicuous and more comfortable. Being self-ligating brackets, allows you to visit your dentist less often.
No Extractions or Tooth Reshaping
Moderate to severe cases
Self-ligating –speeds up the treatment
Mid Range cost
More time needed to clean – Dr. Kandhari provides you various sized brushes to ensure clean teeth.
Fixed – it is not removable
1. An initial consultation at Dr Kandharis’ Skin and Dental Clinic where we can assess if Damon Braces are the right system for you.
2. Next, we will examine the condition with an x-ray and make an impression of your teeth which will be used to make your orthodontic appliance.
3. The braces are fitted in your next appointment.
4. You probably only need to visit us once every 10 weeks or so to make minor adjustments and analyze treatment progress.
5. Next you will need to wear a retainer to ensure that your teeth remain straight.